Check out our guide to find the best baby safe paints for cribs furniture, cribs, and the nursery, to provide a neutral, safe space for your infant or child.
Most parents want to change the appearance of their baby’s nursery, including cribs for co-sleepers, nursing chairs or gliders, a baby dresser, and many more. Painting is one method to improve the color and complement the nursery’s décor. But the difficulty lies when you have to choose the right paint which is safe for your child.
Some of the most commonly used products are water-based and natural paints. These paints are generally labeled as non-toxic or zero-VOC and are safe to use on the crib of your baby or nursery walls as well as furniture.
When you are making your choice, you’ll want to make sure that your chosen paints aren’t contaminated with VOCs(Volatile Organic Compounds) or deficient levels of VOCs.If you’re searching for safe paints for your crib, take a look at this article. We have an extensive review that will help you select.
You may like to read about The 10 Best Baby Crib In 2022
5 Best Baby Safe paint For Cribs
Rust-Oleum Ultra-Matte PaintDetailed Information
If you’re looking for paints to buy, you should look at zero-VOC or non-toxic paint safe for your child and you. Rust-Oleum paint, for instance, is a child-friendly product that has many applications across different materials like wood, canvas, and even metal. It is possible to apply it to your baby’s crib to create a vintage look.
- Apply it to a variety of interior surfaces such as metal, wood or ceramic, canvas or easily distress for the look of a vintage
- The low-odour formula for latex lets you easily clean up using water and soap.
- Drys to touch within 30 minutes and can cover up to 150 square.
- One-coat coverage enables the completion of projects quickly.
- Easy application and excellent adhesion with little preparation
- Dries to a velvety, ultra-matte smooth final
Retique it by Renaissance Furniture Paint
Retique It chalk Furniture Paint is among the most user-friendly paints in our list of recommended paints. There are various reasons for selecting this safe acrylic paint for babies. It’s created with your baby’s nursery in the forefront. The water-based formulation is non-toxic and odorless, hypoallergenic, and provides a stunning final. The paint is the form of a liquid; therefore, it is easy to apply it with a paint airbrush or spray on the crib, the other furniture for the nursery, baby products, and toys.
- Excellent coverage, typically two coats or less. Outstanding adhesion to a range of surfaces. Very little preparation work is required.
- It was made intended explicitly for cabinets, furniture and interior decor. It is suitable for crafting or art projects, too.
- Great for projects that are both exterior and interior.
- For projects on the outside, apply a marine finish topcoat similar to the one we use at Politique It before applying the clear wax.
- It can be dried in just 30 minutes and gives modern-day perfection with our clear wax or a matte finish with chalk that is simple to scratch but is exceptionally long-lasting.
- Low Odor, Ultra-low VOC, hypoallergenic and practically no smell
Chalky Chicks | Chalk Finish Paint
Chalky Chick is a child and indoor-friendly colour available in 44 colours. You can choose a shade that is compatible with the theme of your nursery. It’s also an easy-to-mix formula that can be used without much effort. It’s all you need to do is apply one or two coatings to achieve a perfect cover. The result will be a stunningly smooth, shiny surface.
- High-quality chalk finish paint can usually be covered in one to two coats. There is no prep work required, sanding, primer or stripping required, ready mix formula, and you don’t need to use water.
- We recommend painting with Our Chalky Chicks Brush or your chalk-style paintbrush or HVLP paint sprayer with the 2.5-millimetre needle/tip.
- The paint sticks to stained wood laminate, raw wood, glass metal, resin cement, brick and more. When the paint is diluted by water, the paint will act as staining on the fabric. Yes! It is possible to paint the couch!
- Ultra-low VOC is a kid and indoor safe. Seal the furniture with clear wax or polycrylic to safeguard your finish. If it is outdoors, you can seal it using an outdoor polyacrylic.
- 1 PT covers the area of 75 SQ feet, based on the method of application used for painting.
- Buttermilk is a warm off-white colour.
Shabby Chic Chalk Paint
If you’re looking for non-toxic paint that can be used to paint the baby’s crib or other furniture in your nursery, look into the Shabby Chick Chalk paint to give a stylish and attractive design for furniture in the crib furniture as well as the wall. It’s water-based paint and simple to apply. It is made of non-toxic materials, which makes it an ideal option for a baby’s nursery.
- The word shabby chic’ refers to ‘the beauty of imperfections. That’s precisely the essence of shabby chic about – making furniture look better while giving it a distressed, imperfect, imperfect finish.
- An excellent coverage, saving you money and time.
- Long-lasting durability, minimal preparation work needed for wood.
- Ideal for exterior and interior painting projects.
- Shabby Chic is chalk-based paint.
- It is specifically designed to give an imperfect or distressed look, where strokes of the brush are desired.
- To achieve this look, a thinner paint with superior pigments is recommended over a thicker one.
- Perfect for furniture made of wood such as plastic, metal brick, stone and even plaster.
- Refurbish a dresser made of wood or vanity, picture frame or crib with no primer.
- Non-toxic, Water-Based, Low Odor, ultra-low VOC.
- It is free of harsh chemicals like formaldehyde, phthalates, solvents or heavy metals.
- Genuine Quality, produced from the U.K. near the outskirts of London.
Country Chic Chalk Style Paint
Country Chic’s Chalk Style Paint is chalk-based and is one of the expensive paints available at an affordable price. But, what makes this paint stand out is that it’s safe and contains only 100% natural and environmentally friendly ingredients. Additionally, the extremely low VOCs of the ingredients need not be a problem since it’s approved as safe according to European Toy Safety Standards.
- It is specifically designed for furniture and home decor; it can also be used to create crafts and art projects.
- Incredible adhesion to various surfaces; fantastic coverage (requiring fewer coats of paint) with long-lasting durability, minimal preparation work needed (clean the surface first). Ideal for exterior and interior painting projects.
- Contains built-in primer & topcoat. The option of waxing after the painting is not required.
- Drys in 30 minutes and gives a highly chalky matte that is simple to scratch (if you wish) but is exceptionally durable.
- Low Odor. Ultra-low VOC, including ultra-low VOC pigments. It is free of harsh chemicals, such as formaldehyde, phthalates, solvents or heavy metals. Safe as per European Toy Safety Standards.